The Murdock Trust Board Leadership and Development Program equips nonprofit Christian organizations to fulfill their unique missions as they build board and staff capacity. The training also helps organizations identify the strategic steps and benchmarks needed to create a sustainable future, and emphasizes four phases of board recruitment: cultivation, recruitment, orientation and engagement.
Participating organizations receive insight, tools and templates for inspiring both their current and future board members to become more effective in their board governance roles and responsibilities. Learn more about the seminar coaches and download past Board Leadership and Development resources below.
- “Three Hats” – Article by John Pearson (PDF)
- “7 Foundations of Board Effectiveness” – Article by Ed McDowell (PDF)
- “Becoming a Leader of No Reputation” – Article by R. Scott Rodin (PDF)
- “Managing the Relationship Between the Board Chair, the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Development Officer” – Article by R. Scott Rodin (PDF)
- “Along the Road“ – Article by Terry Stokesbary (PDF)
For more information, check out the Roles and Responsibilities of a Board.