BOARD LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Equipping nonprofit boards to sustain and grow their mission
The Murdock Trust Board Leadership and Development Program equips nonprofit Christian organizations to fulfill their unique missions as they build board and staff capacity. The training helps organizations identify the strategic steps and benchmarks needed to create a sustainable future, and emphasizes four phases of board recruitment: cultivation, recruitment, orientation and engagement.
Participating organizations receive insight, tools and templates for inspiring both their current and future board members to become more effective in their board governance roles and responsibilities. Learn more about the seminar coaches and download past Board Leadership and Development resources below.
- Time and dates: Two days each in February and May (four total days)
- Topic overview: These seminars focus on the board’s role in the organization’s culture, strategy, sustainability and governance.
- Registration: $1,200 per organization which ideally includes the CEO/Executive Director, Board Chair, and at least two Board Members. The Trust provides all meals, hotel accommodations in a private room, and all seminar materials.
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 360-694-8415.
- “Three Hats” – Article by John Pearson
- “7 Foundations of Board Effectiveness” – Article by Ed McDowell
- “Becoming a leader of No Reputation” – Article by R. Scott Rodin
- “Managing the Relationship Between the Board Chair, the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Development Officer” – Article by R. Scott Rodin
- “Along the Road”– Article by Terry Stokesbary