Board Leadership Conference Resources
2020 Conference Resources
Session 2: May 5-6, 2020
- Murdock Trust 2020 Board Leadership Book (2 of 2) – A PDF version of the book for you to download
- Book 2 Worksheets – A smaller PDF of just the worksheets from Book 2 in case you’d like to print and fill out
- Top 5 Strategic Next Steps Worksheet – A Word document for you to update and send back to us (1 per organization)
- Presentation PDF – A PDF version of the slide deck used during the training
- Business Model Video – Please watch this video prior to the training
Webinar: April 6, 2020
Many of you joined our webinar, The Board’s Role During the COVID-19 Pandemic, and submitted questions beforehand. You can access the recording here.
- Three things a board must be doing in a crisis
- Leading in a time of crisis
- Communicating in a time of crisis
- Navigating the SBA PPP program
- How should the board weigh in on program cancellations?
- How do we navigate donor relationships?
- What does a COVID crisis plan look like?
- How can we support the CEO?
- What is being stress tested right now?
- What assumptions is the board using to make decisions?
Session 1: February 11-12, 2020
- Presentation Resources:
- Murdock Trust 2020 Board Leadership Book (1 of 2)
Digital Tools & Templates:
- Board Policies Manual (.docx)
- Prime Responsibilities Chart (.docx)
- CEO Monthly Report
- CEO Annual SMART Goals (.docx)
- Quarterly Board Meeting (.docx)
- Board Nominee Orientation Binder (.docx)
- Board Member Annual Affirmation (.docx)
- Job Descriptions (.docx)
- Trend Spotting Exercise
- StrengthFinder Tool (.xlsx)
- StrengthFinder Themes
- Rolling 3-Year Strategic Plan Placemat (.docx)
- Board Annual Evaluation of CEO
- Sample 360 CEO Evaluation by Board
- Read Reflect Worksheets (.docx)
- Board Self Assessment Survey | Sample
- Theology of Development Template (.docx)
- Board Matrix Sample (.xlsx)
- Board vs CEO Responsibilities Chart
Other Resources (additional handouts and recommendations)
- Visit the weekly ECFA Blog, “Governance of Christ-centered Organizations,” written by John Pearson
- Check out other governance resources from ECFA
- Visit more resources at BoardSource