Resources for a successful leadership transition
In 2014, the Murdock Trust piloted a workshop on founder succession planning for 22 organizations around the Pacific Northwest.
Tim Wolfred, a San Francisco-based consultant for nonprofit succession planning, led the training and discussion. The following documents from the session are available for download:
- Tim Wolfred’s ‘Built to Last’ (PowerPoint)
- Tim Wolfred’s ‘Building Leaderful Organizations’ monograph
- Article: “Five Ways To Know It’s Time To Leave” (DOC)
- Article: “10 Things Departing Nonprofit CEOs Should Do”
- Sample Executive Director Succession Policy
- Sample Emergency Succession Plan (DOC)
- Sample Succession Readiness Checklist (DOC)
- Sample Board Self-Assessment (DOC)
- Succession Planning Article
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 360-694-8415.