Murdock College Science Research Conference
SCIENCE RESEARCH CONFERENCE
Advancing new knowledge in the natural sciences
Each fall, the Trust and a different Northwest private college or university co-host a research conference associated with the Murdock College Science Research Program. The conference focuses on sharing and advancing new knowledge in the natural sciences created or discovered through collaborative faculty-student research.
Attendance at this conference is by invitation. Oral and poster research presentations by students form the core of the conference, and a talk by a nationally recognized research scientist is also presented.
The following institutions are current members of MCSRP: Gonzaga University; Lewis & Clark College; Linfield College; Northwest Nazarene University; Pacific University; Pacific Lutheran University; Seattle University; University of Portland; University of Puget Sound; Whitman College; and Willamette University.
To request an invitation or additional information, email Dr. Moses Lee, senior director for scientific research and enrichment programs, or call 360-694-8415.
Our Next Conference
The next conference will be held on November 6-7 at the Hilton Hotel Convention Center in Vancouver, WA. Reed College will be the co-host, and the theme for the conference will be “Technology 20/20 – Seeing is Believing.”
Conference Information and Resources
Information needed to register attendees:
- Attendee contact information (first name, last name, email, student/faculty)
- If the attendee needs vegetarian/vegan meals
- Students presenting a poster or Faculty judging a poster will need to indicate which session best fits:
- A – Ecology/Evolution/Biodiversity, B – Developmental Biology/Physiology, C – Molecular and Cell Biology, D – Neuroscience/Psychology/Exercise Science, E – Biochemistry, F – Organic Chemistry, G – Analytical/Inorganic/Physical Organic/Computational Chemistry, H – Environmental Science/Geology, I – Microbiology, J – Physics
- Students giving an oral presentation or Faculty judging an oral presentation will need to indicate which session best fits:
- Life sciences or Physical sciences
- Student presentation information (displayed in the program as entered during registration):
- Title of the presentation, research advisor’s name, email, title (Dr., Ms., Mr.), and institution (if different than the student’s), and first and last names of any other collaborators
Presentation Instructions & Tips
Instructions – specific to the Murdock College Science Research Conference
- Using the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust and MCSRP logos
- Instructions for students giving an oral presentation
- Instructions for students giving a poster presentation
General Tips – not specific to the Murdock College Science Research Conference
- Ten Simple Rules for Making Good Oral Presentations
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
- Surviving Your First ACS Undergraduate Poster Presentation
- Hints for Asking Questions
MCSR Conference Highlights
Each year Murdock presents various research awards and something something to explain what is in each year.