Murdock College Science Research Conference
SCIENCE RESEARCH CONFERENCE
Advancing new knowledge in the natural sciences
Each fall, the Trust and a different Northwest private college or university co-host a research conference associated with the Murdock College Science Research Program. The conference focuses on sharing and advancing new knowledge in the natural sciences created or discovered through collaborative faculty-student research.
Attendance at this conference is by invitation. Oral and poster research presentations by students form the core of the conference, and a talk by a nationally recognized research scientist is also presented.
The following institutions are current members of MCSRP: Gonzaga University; Lewis & Clark College; Linfield College; Northwest Nazarene University; Pacific University; Pacific Lutheran University; Seattle University; University of Portland; University of Puget Sound; Whitman College; and Willamette University.
To request an invitation or additional information, email Dr. Moses Lee, senior director for scientific research and enrichment programs, or call 360-694-8415.
Our Next Conference
The next conference will be held virtually on November 6-7. Reed College will be the co-host, and the theme for the conference will be “Technology 20/20 – Seeing is Believing.”
Conference Information and Resources
Presentation Instructions & Tips
Oral presentations will be divided between Life Sciences and Physical Sciences, while poster presentations will be split into the following categories:
- A – Ecology/Evolution/Biodiversity
- B – Developmental Biology/Physiology
- C – Molecular and Cell Biology
- D – Neuroscience/Psychology/Exercise Science
- E – Biochemistry
- F – Organic Chemistry
- G – Analytical/Inorganic/Physical Organic/Computational Chemistry
- H – Environmental Science/Geology
- I – Microbiology
- J – Physics
Instructions – specific to the Murdock College Science Research Conference
NOTE: If you would like to use the Murdock Trust logo or College Science Research logo for your presentation, please download the appropriate logo from this page. If you need the password to access this page, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-694-8415.
- Instructions for students giving an oral presentation
- Instructions for students giving a poster presentation
General Tips – not specific to the Murdock College Science Research Conference
- Ten Simple Rules for Making Good Oral Presentations
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
- Surviving Your First ACS Undergraduate Poster Presentation
- Hints for Asking Questions
MCSR Conference Highlights
Each year Murdock presents various research awards and something something to explain what is in each year.