Murdock College Science Research Conference Instruction for Speakers
SCIENCE RESEARCH CONFERENCE
INSTRUCTIONs FOR SPEAKERs
- Speakers must upload their PowerPoint presentation through the Speaker Portal no later than the Tuesday prior to the conference. The presentations will be loaded onto the PC for the given room to be used to present.
- We strongly recommend using PowerPoint for your presentation to ensure formatting stays consistent from your laptop to the presentation laptop (PC).
- Please bring a flash drive that contains all the files needed for your talk as a backup.
- Each session meeting room will be equipped with the following:
- LCD Projector
- Podium microphone or lapel microphone
- Laser pointer/slide advancer
- 20 minutes are allocated for each talk. Keep the presentation to about 15 minutes. That should be around 15 slides. The remaining five minutes will be used in the following way: one minute for the audience at each table to discuss the presentation. Four minutes will be devoted to questions and answers. The presider will moderate the questions and answers.
Preparing Your Slides
- Allow ample time to prepare your presentation.
- Rule of thumb – one slide per minute.
- Please review the tips on how to prepare an effective oral presentation on our website.