Vision & Call is a Murdock Trust initiative in leadership development that helps faith-based organizations across the Pacific Northwest develop ministry internship programs for young adults, typically traditional-aged college students and recent graduates. Our vision is to help give interns the opportunity to consider their vocational direction while gaining meaningful work experience in a special nonprofit setting.
Vision & Call’s purpose is three-fold: to provide a transformative learning experience; to increase the pool of talented emerging leaders entering the workforce; and to educate and empower a commitment to young leadership development on the part of Christian organizations. Once a Vision & Call internship program is approved, the Trust shares costs with each organization, which may participate for up to six years. (We expect that the programs will continue beyond our initial support.)
The Murdock Trust funds summer, part-time and full-time internships, and each internship program is expected to feature:
- A careful intern selection process
- The involvement of experienced leaders in mentoring
- An “apprenticeship” model of learning
- Intentional conversations concerning “vocation and calling” and giftedness
- A significant ministry experience in the organization
- Opportunities to integrate with a larger movement of emerging leaders in the Pacific Northwest
To learn more about Vision & Call, watch the two videos and explore the resources below or email Mary Hill at the Murdock Trust.
Vision & Call Resources