MEETINGS AT THE
M.J. MURDOCK CHARITABLE TRUST
The core mission of the Murdock Trust is to support organizations in their work to serve the common good of the Pacific Northwest. We do this in a variety of ways, including through our grantmaking, enrichment programs, leadership development and convenings.
We believe that productive discussion between engaged stakeholders is critical to identify long-term solutions that “stick.”
One way we seek to accomplish this is through our meeting spaces. We welcome qualified nonprofits to use our space for meetings that further their missions. Please read the following regarding eligibility, hours, capacity, technology, parking, catering and use details prior to sending us your request.
Eligible Organizations and Meetings
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and sectors we serve.
- Eligible meetings include staff planning retreats, board or leadership meetings, strategic planning sessions or special meetings that help advance the mission of the organization. The space is not available for dinner parties, galas, holiday parties, fundraisers or events with a political objective.
- Due to the volume of requests and our own use of the space, organizational requests are limited to one per year and limited to groups of 20 or less.
MEETING HOURS: Monday – Friday | 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Free of charge
Our meeting rooms and restrooms are wheelchair accessible and Guest Wifi is available throughout our space. View a map of the 7th floor.
Cascadia Multipurpose Room
View Cascadia Multipurpose Room layouts for ways the room can be arranged.
Technology in Cascadia:
- A large LCD screen and (2) dropdown screens for overflow viewing
- Ceiling-mounted speakers for audio/video content
- AV access through local PC or HDMI connection (with several HDMI adapters, but you are encouraged to bring your own if you have one)
- White board and markers
*Cascadia does not have a telephone, but can be used for video conferencing/conference calling through online platforms like Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Meet, etc. If a video conference/conference call is needed in this room, the guest is responsible for the setup and management of the call through their preferred system.
Download our Guest AV Instructions for Cascadia
Denali Board Room
Denali can accommodate up to 20 seated. Please note that furniture arrangements in Denali are not flexible.
Technology in Denali:
- A large LCD screen
- Ceiling-mounted speakers for audio/video content
- Mounted camera and ceiling microphones for a video conference/conference call (conference link needs to be set up by the guest, i.e. Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.)
Download our Guest AV Instructions for Denali
Other AV items available for use include:
- Presentation clicker/advancer
- Power strips/extension cords
Food and Beverages:
If you’d like to have food during your meeting, we have an on-site catering kitchen available for use by one of our approved caterers. Organizations work directly with the caterers, including providing all food service, linen and utensil items, and the kitchen must be left as it was found. The Murdock Trust does not provide any direct catering services, nor are we able to cover the cost of catering for a meeting.
We do allow pre-prepared pastry, fruit, or snack trays to be brought in by guests, but do not provide any utensils, bowls, or other items for serving or consuming these food items.
The Trust is happy to provide coffee, tea and water for attendees.
- Kitchen Goddess: Elaine Low 360-991-7373
- Foode Café & Catering: Website
- Beaches Restaurant: Ali Novinger or text 360.798.4192
- WildFin: Randy Noia
- Simply Thyme Catering: View the menu and order online
Additionally, there are several great restaurants within walking distance if you choose to take a break from your meeting and enjoy the Vancouver Waterfront.
Please allow time in your schedule to set up, clean and reset the room within Murdock Trust business hours. Tables need to be wiped down and left as they were when you arrived, coffee cups and glasses placed in the dishwasher in the Catering Kitchen, and if food is served, please plan to wipe down the chairs as well.
Download the Conference Room Clean-Up Checklist for more details.
We have learned that sound travels easily in our new open office. The Murdock staff conducts our normal operations alongside your meeting and are not available for administrative needs or copies/office supplies. Please ensure all attendees and guests are aware of the working space, set cell phones on vibrate and encourage conversations and personal calls to be held in enclosed areas.
The Trust has 5 dedicated visitor parking spaces in surface lot 5 across the street from our building that are available. There are 5 additional visitor parking spaces in the parking garage under The Murdock building that are signed as Murdock Trust Visitors that are available. Special parking passes must be obtained through the front desk and be displayed on your dash while parked in Murdock Trust spaces. Hours available are from 7:00 am till 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The surface lot spaces are marked “Reserved” with our logo on the sign.
On occasion, we have guests who also will need to use these spaces. We will communicate that ahead of time and will encourage carpooling when possible. More than 100 additional surface parking spaces are available at a nominal fee located two blocks to the west in a separate parking lot.
Download a Parking Map and Directions to the Trust.
Please request one of our rooms by filling out the form below. Our goal is to respond to your request within 24 hours. If your request is approved, we will facilitate all necessary arrangements for your meeting. Meetings may be scheduled up to six months in advance. Please provide a minimum of two weeks’ notice for your request (earlier is preferred due to availability).
CONTACT: If you don’t hear back from us within a few business days after submitting your request, please contact Amy Winegardner | 360.694.8415