MEETINGS AT THE
M.J. MURDOCK CHARITABLE TRUST
The core mission of the Murdock Trust is to support organizations in their work to serve the common good of the Pacific Northwest. We do this in a variety of ways, including through our grantmaking, enrichment programs, leadership development and convenings.
We believe that productive discussion between engaged stakeholders is critical to identify long-term solutions that “stick.”
One way we seek to accomplish this is through our meeting spaces. We welcome qualified nonprofits to use our space for meetings that further their missions. Please read the following regarding eligibility, hours, capacity, technology, parking, catering and use details prior to sending us your request.
Eligible Organizations and Meetings
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and sectors we serve.
- Eligible meetings include staff planning retreats, board or leadership meetings, strategic planning sessions or special meetings that help advance the mission of the organization. The space is not available for dinner parties, galas, holiday parties, fundraisers or events with a political objective.
- Due to the volume of requests and our own use of the space, organizational requests are limited to one per year.
MEETING HOURS: Monday – Friday | 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Free of charge
After-hour and weekend meetings are unavailable with rare exception. With special arrangements and at a rate of $30 per hour, the rooms may be available for limited after-hour and weekend use. After-hour meetings require a Murdock staff member to be present and are, therefore, subject to room and staff availability.
Our meeting rooms and restrooms are wheelchair accessible and Guest Wifi is available throughout our space. View a map of the 7th floor.
Cascadia Multipurpose Room
View Cascadia Multipurpose Room layouts for ways the room can be arranged.
Cascadia can accommodate up to 56 seated and 76 standing. If you need additional tables for a large meeting, please call Your Party and Event Center, 360-844-6673. Please note that the Murdock Trust is not able to cover the expense of any additional furniture rentals. All items must be hand carried into our space; no carts please.
Technology in Cascadia:
- A large LCD screen and (2) dropdown screens for overflow viewing
- Ceiling-mounted speakers for audio/video content
- (5) wireless handheld microphones, (1) mic stand, and (5) lavaliere microphone
- AV access through local PC or HDMI connection (with several HDMI adapters, but you are encouraged to bring your own if you have one)
- White board and markers
*Cascadia does not have a telephone, but can be used for video conferencing/conference calling through online platforms like Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Meet, etc. If a video conference/conference call is needed in this room, the guest is responsible for the setup and management of the call through their preferred system.
Download our Guest AV Instructions for Cascadia
Denali Board Room
Denali can accommodate up to 20 attendees seated. Please note that furniture arrangements in Denali are not flexible.
Technology in Denali:
- A large LCD screen
- Ceiling-mounted speakers for audio/video content
- Mounted camera and ceiling microphones for a video conference/conference call (conference link needs to be set up by the guest, i.e. Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- A table top conference telephone for dialing out (does not integrate with the room’s speakers/mics/camera)
- AV access through local PC, HDMI connection (with several HDMI adapters, but you are encouraged to bring your own if you have one) and AirMedia (wireless connection from your laptop)
- Access to charge laptops/phones/tablets
Download our Guest AV Instructions for Denali
Other AV items available for use include:
- Presentation clicker/advancer
- Flip chart and markers
- Music stand
- Power strips/extension cords
To ensure smooth technology use, please have a back-up plan for presentations and let us know what you anticipate using during your meeting 48 hours ahead of the meeting day. We can provide you with basic AV support prior to your meeting getting started, but are not available for AV support throughout your time. We encourage a walk through visit prior to your meeting to test your AV and presentation needs and ask that you bring copies of meeting materials and any other office items you may need.
Food and Beverages:
If you’d like to have food during your meeting, we have an on-site catering kitchen available for use by one of our approved caterers. Organizations work directly with the caterers, including providing all food service, linen and utensil items, and the kitchen must be left as it was found. The Murdock Trust does not provide any direct catering services, nor are we able to cover the cost of catering for a meeting.
We do allow pre-prepared pastry, fruit, or snack trays to be brought in by guests, but do not provide any utensils, bowls, or other items for serving or consuming these food items.
The Trust is happy to provide coffee, tea and water for attendees.
- Kitchen Goddess: Elaine Low
- Beaches and Warehouse 23 Restaurants: Ali Novinger or text 360.798.4192
- WildFin: Randy Noia
- Simply Thyme Catering: View the menu and order online
- Ingallina’s: View the menu and order online
Additionally, there are several great restaurants within walking distance if you choose to take a break from your meeting and enjoy the Vancouver Waterfront.
Please allow time in your schedule to set up, clean and reset the room within Murdock Trust business hours. Tables need to be wiped down and left as they were when you arrived, coffee cups and glasses placed in the dishwasher in the Catering Kitchen, and if food is served, please plan to wipe down the chairs as well.
Download the Conference Room Clean-Up Checklist for more details.
We have learned that sound travels easily in our new open office. The Murdock staff conducts our normal operations alongside your meeting and are not available for administrative needs or copies/office supplies. Please ensure all attendees and guests are aware of the working space, set cell phones on vibrate and encourage conversations and personal calls to be held in enclosed areas. On the day of your meeting, we can provide options for places to make phone calls if needed.
The Trust has 19 dedicated visitor parking spaces in the surface lot across the street from our building that are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Visitor parking is free Monday-Friday from 7am-5pm
- If your event is beyond 7am-5pm Monday-Friday, or anytime Saturday or Sunday, please plan to pay for parking to ensure you do not get ticketed.
On occasion, we have guests who also will need to use these spaces. We will communicate that ahead of time and will encourage carpooling when possible. More than 100 additional parking spaces are available at a nominal fee.
Download a Parking Map and Directions to the Trust.
Please request one of our rooms by filling out the form below. Our goal is to respond to your request within 24 hours. If your request is approved, we will facilitate all necessary arrangements for your meeting. Meetings may be scheduled up to six months in advance. Please provide a minimum of two weeks’ notice for your request (earlier is preferred due to availability).
CONTACT: If you don’t hear back from us within a few business days after submitting your request, please contact Amy Winegardner | 360.694.8415